Friday, November 28, 2008

The Tent

This is a true story.
We were staying at a campsite inside a permanent tent. Each tent accommodated eight of us and there were seven tents in total, lined up in a row.
My tent was the seventh and it was positioned at the end of the row.
During one night I got out of the tent to go to bathroom.
When I came back and opened the entrance I looked inside and found no one was there. But I was sure everyone else was fast asleep.
I thought; “what?” and went out again to make sure I was in the right place. But the sign on the tent said, “No.8.”

What was I thinking, I’m in No.7! I thought to myself as I went back to the one standing next to it.
- Yes, of course I knew that “No.8” didn’t exist but I was so scared I convinced myself it was a mistake and went to sleep.

By the next morning, the eighth tent had disappeared.

No comments: