Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Chance

This is a story of my friend who has powerful sixth sense. At the time of the story she was living with her husband in the suburbs. One night she was waiting for her husband, who had gone drinking after work, at home. But it was getting late and she decided to go to bed. she dreamt that her husband's motorcycle crashed into a car and he died. She woke up and knew what had happened in the dream was true. "He's dead! He's dead!" She panicked. But soon after that she heard the familiar sound of motorcycle engine from outside. The front door opened and her husband's cheerful, drunken voice sounded from the porch. He started explaining why he had come home late. My friend, who had been crying, became a little cross, grudging for the nonchalant way her husband behaved. "You were really late. I thought you've died from an accident!" She said from her bed, raising her voice so that her husband could hear her.
"Oh dear! So you made your choice?" Her husband said lightly, sounding almost as if he was teasing. Then came a complete silence. Minutes later she got a phone call informing her of her husband's death.

Later she told me, "I think I threw away a chance God gave me."

No comments: